- 5-star PG Jalen Brunson approaches college decision – high major floor general [New Mixtape]
- Coach Vic’s Weekly Showcase Recap – volume 1 [New Mixtape]
- Exclusive: Admiral Schofield commits to Tennessee, talks life and basketball [Article & Video]
- Qyemah Gibson is a high flyer from the Bahamas [Article & Video]
- Jimmy Whitt commits to Arkansas [Article & New Mixtape]
- WVU transfer Eron Harris shows off athletic game in-front of Michigan State fans [New Mixtape]
- Isaiah Manderson commits to Texas Tech – 3 star center [New Video]
- Oakland University PG Kahlil Felder brings toughness to the basketball court [Article & Video]
- Draymond Green dazzles crowd with 28 & 22 in Moneyball Pro-Am [New Mixtape]
- LaGerald Vick lights up the Under Armour Finals [New Mixtape]
TRENT FORREST – Putting CHIPLEY on the Map
- Updated: June 7, 2014
Chipley is a rural town located in the Panhandle part of Florida. Although very small, Trent Forrest is doing his part in putting his hometown on the map. For the last few years, NextUp has followed Trent closely on his rise to the top.
When we first watched the 6’4 Combo Guard he was in the 7th grade and was still unknown to the recruiting scene. Since then, he has played three years on the Nike Circuit with the Alabama Challenge and started every game for the Chipley High School varsity basketball team.
Forrest really took advantage of his sophomore season, as he led the Tigers to a 21-3 record en route to the State Final Four all while averaging 24 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists, and 2 steals per game. Forrest was also able to dominate in the classroom by maintaining a 3.8GPA.
Trent is playing his first season on 17u Nike EYBL, and he has adapted rather quick. So far he has started every game for the Alabama Challenge and is currently averaging 14 points, 4 rebounds, and 2 assist per game. After his stellar sophomore season, ESPN came out with its updated Class of 2016 rankings, in which featured Trent at 28th in the nation.
Forrest said he was grateful to get recognition from ESPN after being ranked 59th by Rivals, but he said, that this is just a pit stop on his climb to top of the rankings. Each day this off season he is working hard to prepare for his next opportunity to show the world how good he can be. He will have that opportunity next weekend in St Louis at the Elite 100 camp he received an invite to.
Trent has great length at the guard spot which allows him to be an effective scorer. He has a tight handle, and consistently beats his man off the dribble and puts pressure on the rim. Forrest is virtually impossible to stop when he has a head of steam out in transition. Although he needs to continue to develop his shot, Forrest has many of the small intangibles which make up typical HIGH MAJOR players.
Currently, Trent holds offers from: Oregon State, Florida State, and Tennessee. He is also drawing attention from Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Arkansas, Clemson, Wichita State, Maryland, Wake Forrest, Xavier, and Indiana.
We expect this will not be the last time you will hear his name, as we project him to march his way into the top ten and pick up several more high major offers. Trent is a great kid that is deeply involved and very active with his community and church, and will continue his quest to put Chipley, FL on the map.
You can follow Trent on twitter @TForrest_11
For more information regarding Trent Forrest and his recruitment process contact us via email NextUpRecruits@gmail.com Follow our twitter for up to the minute news pertaining to all things basketball.